Sixth Form Open Evening is held in the Autumn Term each year for entry in the following September. This provides a relaxed opportunity to meet Heads of Departments and discuss the wide array of subject options available to you, as well as finding out more about the benefits of a Bridgewater School Sixth Form education.
As prospective Sixth Form candidates, you can spend a Taster Day in school when you will meet our current Sixth Formers, shadow or observe tutorials and lessons, take part in activities, enjoy lunch – basically becoming one of our students for the day! You will meet our Head of Sixth Form, Mrs Minta, and possibly some key subject staff and “new” Sixth Formers.
For more information, please complete the contact form to register your interest.
Making an application
- Once you and your parents register your interest in joining us at Bridgewater Sixth Form, you are all invited into school for a meeting with the Head of The Sixth Form and an interview with the Headmistress.
- Where it is relevant, you may meet Heads of Department.
- We consider carefully the report from your present Head Teacher, following up any areas for further support.
- A conditional offer of a place will then be made, dependent on your son or daughter’s GCSE results. This will usually be a minimum of 5 GCSEs graded 4 and above, including English and Mathematics. In addition, students will normally be expected to obtain a grade of 6 or better in their chosen subjects.
- Applications indicating your chosen four subjects are required by the end of February prior to GCSE examinations.
- You will indicate your AS/A2 choices and we will keep in touch as we devise the timetable.
- On GCSE results day, you contact us and we take it from there.
We welcome applications from overseas students as we are a highly trusted Tier 4 sponsor and accredited with the British Council’s International School Award at Intermediate Level.
A limited number of places at Bridgewater School Sixth Form are still available for a September 2019 start. Please contact the Admissions Secretary on GCSE results day to discuss your options. Call 0161 794 1463.