Our Sixth Form Open Evening will be held on Thursday 12th October 2023 and provides a relaxed opportunity to meet our tutors and discuss the wide array of subject options available to you, as well as finding out more about the benefits of a Bridgewater School Sixth Form education. View more details >
Prospective students can also experience our Virtual Open Day which enables visitors to take a virtual tour of our grounds and facilities, hear from Heads of Departments and see what life is like here at Bridgewater. Visit our Virtual Open Day>
As prospective Sixth Form candidates, you can choose to spend a Taster Day in school when you will meet our current Sixth Formers, shadow or observe tutorials and lessons, take part in activities, enjoy lunch – basically becoming one of our students for the day! You will meet our Head of Sixth Form, key subject staff and “new” Sixth Formers.
For more information or to arrange a call with Mrs Hilton, Head of Sixth Form, please call 0161 794 1463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Making an application
- Once you and your parents register your interest in joining us at Bridgewater Sixth Form, you are all invited into school for a meeting with the Head of Sixth Form and an interview with the Headmistress.
- Where it is relevant, you may meet Heads of Department.
- We consider carefully the report from your present Head Teacher, following up any areas for further support.
- A conditional offer of a place will then be made, dependent on your son or daughter’s GCSE results. This will usually be a minimum of 5 GCSEs graded 4 and above, including English and Mathematics. In addition, students will normally be expected to obtain a grade of 6 or better in their chosen subjects. Applications to take a subject without a GCSE or equivalent level qualification can be discussed on an individual basis.
- Applications indicating your chosen four subjects are required by the end of February prior to GCSE examinations.
- You will indicate your AS/A2 choices and we will keep in touch as we devise the timetable.
- On GCSE results day, you contact us and we take it from there.
We welcome applications from overseas students as we are a highly trusted Tier 4 sponsor and accredited with the British Council’s International School Award at Intermediate Level.