Sixth Form Open Evening is held in the Autumn Term each year for entry in the following September. This provides a relaxed opportunity to meet Heads of Departments and to discuss subject options available to you as well as finding out more about the benefits of a Sixth Form education here.
On this day, you can get a flavour of the range of our school. Of course, it is not the same experience as during the bustle of a normal school day, but you will be able to tour the school in a leisurely manner, see the sixth form common room and meet current sixth formers. The Head of Sixth Form, Mrs Minta, and the Headmistress are both available to talk to.
Individual appointments are available throughout the year
As prospective Sixth Form candidates, you can spend a Taster Day in school when you will meet our current Sixth Formers, shadow or observe tutorials and lessons, take part in activities, enjoy lunch – basically becoming one of our students for the day! You will meet our Head of Sixth Form, Mrs Minta, and possibly some key subject staff and “new” Sixth Formers.
For more information, please complete the contact form to register your interest.
Making an application
- Sixth Form is the stage at which you are treated as a young adult.
- Once you and your parents register your interest in joining us for the Sixth Form, you are all invited into school for a meeting with The Head of The Sixth Form and an interview with the Headmistress.
- Where it is relevant, you may meet Heads of Department.
- We consider carefully the report from your present Head teacher, following up any areas for further support.
- A conditional offer of a place will then be made, dependent on your son or daughter’s GCSE results. This will usually be a minimum of 5 A*s-C with B grades in your chosen subjects.
- You will indicate your AS/A2 choices and we will keep in touch as we devise the timetable.
- On GCSE results day, you contact us and we take it from there.