Our Sixth Form is a preparation for A-levels, university and life itself – but it is also a wonderful experience in its own right. This is a period of major exploration when students are encouraged to broaden their perspective, take on new roles and lead the community.
An approach which creates successful individuals
All Sixth Form students are role models for the rest of the Senior School and the Head Boy and Head Girl, together with their Leadership Team, lead the student body.
In the summer term, Year 12 students are invited to apply for a place on the next year’s Leadership Team. Roles are allocated on the basis of a written letter of application, an interview with the Head Teacher and Head of Sixth From and observation of the student’s general conduct throughout the year as well as their ability to fulfil the duties expected of them.
The leadership team for 2020-21 consists of:
Head Boy: Daud Khan
Head Girl: Emma Valentine
Senior School Liaison: Nicholl Chishimba
Prep Department Liaison: Alyah Zaeem
Charity Co-ordinator: Caitlin Platt
Head of Student Council: Rachel Topping
Publicity Liaison: Shahd Zaki
The aims of the Sixth Form Leadership Team are as follows:
- Work as a team to ensure that all Sixth Form members have the opportunity to develop the academic and personal skills needed to achieve their true potential
- Meet regularly with the Head of Sixth Form to ensure the smooth running of the Sixth Form
- Ensure that the Common Room and kitchen are kept tidy
- Liaise with staff and students in the Senior and Prep departments on a regular basis
- Promote the Sixth Form via assemblies and whole school events
- Attend Prize Giving, Open Day, Bonding Day, Sixth Form Open Evening and other relevant whole school events
- Run charity events to raise money for worthwhile causes
- To show visitors around the school
- Organise the Careers Library / Higher Education resources
- Organise Leavers’ Assembly / Meal
- Set a good example to their peers and other students in the school through their appearance and general conduct.
Considerable organisational skills are required for the efficient delivery of these aims, so Leadership Team members each have specific roles allocated to them and each role carries its own additional responsibilities.
Each form group elects a representative and one representative from each year group attends the student council meetings which are chaired and run by members of the Sixth Form Leadership Team. The aim of the Student Council is to ensure that every student in the school has a ‘voice’ and it provides a forum in which all students can discuss issues which affect them on a day-to-day basis and potentially bring about change for the better.