Malaga football & netball development tour 2022
Following the development of COVID-19 in the UK and across Europe, new guidance regarding overseas travel is due to be issued by the Department for Education on 12th April 2021. Given that existing bookings may not depart until 17th May at the earliest, the school has taken the decision to defer the Malaga trip to June 2022. All monies paid thus far will be transferred to the new trip once a date has been confirmed.
Following the successful 2019 tour, a sports / cultural tour to Malaga CF has once again been planned for students in Years 7-8, as part of Bridgewater School’s football and netball development programme.
The 6-day Spanish trip will again be organised by leading school sports tour operator, inspiresport and provides pupils with a unique opportunity to experience training sessions delivered by Malaga CF and Manchester Thunder coaching staff, play competitive matches against local Spanish opposition and netball teams in Gibraltar, and enjoy an unforgettable cultural experience.
The tour includes:
- Return flights from Manchester or Liverpool Airport flying direct to Malaga Airport, including 15kg or 20kg baggage allowance (TBC)
- 5-night stay, full board, at the beach front 4* Atalaya Park Resort in Estapona
- 4 training sessions on all aspects of play from the Malaga CF full-time coaching staff and Manchester Thunder / Netball Elite
- 2 pre-arranged matches per squad against local opposition
- Behind the scenes tour of the La Rosaleda, Malaga stadium
- Provision of personalised Adidas / inspiresport branded football kit for each player
- Entrance to Water Park
- Evening entertainment.
The cost of the tour is expected to be £860 per student which includes all of the above. Should you wish your son or daughter to be included, a £200 deposit is required. (see ParentPay for details).
To view photographs from the 2019 tour, please visit our Facebook page.