USA History trip Christmas 2020
Following the success of last year’s History trip to Washington, Philadelphia and New York, a further trip to the United States has now been planned for Christmas 2020 (proposed dates 1st – 7th December). The theme of this trip will be the American Revolution and to this end, students will have the opportunity to visit three of the USA’s most historic cities.
- Boston, scene of the American Revolution against the British. Students will follow the freedom trail and take in the sights including: Paul Revere’s house, the Old State House and the site of the Boston Tea Party
- Salem, site of the witch trials of 1692 and an opportunity to visit the Witch Museum and the House of the 7 Gables
- New York. Three nights taking in the history and culture of this world famous city including: the Empire State Building, Broadway, Midtown Manhattan, Wall Street, Little Italy and the 911 Memorial.
Included within the cost of the trip:
- All flights and transfers
- Accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis in New York and Boston, plus evening meals in restaurants such as Hard Rock Cafe
- Entrance fees to major tourist sites.
If you would like your son or daughter to partake in this experience, a non-returnable deposit is required by 25th January 2020. Places are limited and priority will be given to Sixth Form students (i.e. current Year 11 and 12) and Year 10 students, but may be opened up to Year 9 students who are going to be studying History next year.
Any queries regarding this trip should be directed to Mr Lyons at email@example.com